An Escrow Officer since 1977, Juliana Tu of Viva Escrow! Inc. is one of the first Escrow Officers of Chinese descent in the community.
Through the years she has been a very active participant in the regional, State and National escrow trade associations and escrow related committees
- Executive Board member and Director of the State organization - the California Escrow Association - 2019 President of the California Escrow Association.
- Member and part of the Board of Directors of Escrow Institute of California, holding positions of Chair, National Affairs Committee and Chair, Communications and Public Relations Committee.
- Member of the national settlement services industry organization – American Escrow Association - where she serves on the National Certification Committee
- President of the regional association - Escrow Associates of San Gabriel Valley in 1992, 2009 and 2014.
- On behalf of all independent escrow company owners, she represents and voices their concerns as a member of Escrow Advisory Committee for the Department of Business Oversight Corporations, the regulator of Escrow Law in the State of California.
- Appointed to serve in 2012 on the Small Business Review Panel, set up under the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act (SBREFA) by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to comment on the TILA-RESPA integration mandate and closing disclosures.
Dont pass up the opportunity to see what's new!
Soaring To New Heights
I am honored to have been given the opportunity to lead the California Escrow Association (CEA) in 2019. I am also exquisitely aware that I am the first President of Chinese descent to do so and hopefully not the last.
My theme this year will be “Soaring To New Heights” and my goals are twofold:
First, to increase and expand CEA’s visibility; to bring awareness of our organization to the real estate and financial industries as well as the general public. We must educate and promote understanding of our very important role as the linchpin of the process by which consumers achieve their American Dream of home ownership, of asset expansion, and of business acquisition.
Second, to encourage all escrow professionals to join and become a part of the CEA "pack". As a pack, we watch each others' back, we support each other. The bigger the pack, the more we can withstand, the more we get noticed, and the bigger the impact we will make. I ask each escrow professional to join. Invest in your own future. Give yourself value, give yourself worth. Take pride in what we do. Take pride in our industry.
Soar with me!
Knowledge is Power!
Juliana has passed the tests to be professionally designated as CSEO (Certified Senior Escrow Officer),
CEO (Certified Escrow Officer), CBSS (Certified Bulk Sale Specialist), CEI (Certified Escrow Instructor)
and the American Escrow Association’s Senior American Settlement Industry Professional (SASIP).
Paying it Forward
There are many Escrow Officers in our community. Ultimately, what sets each Escrow Officer apart is his/her ingrained beliefs. For Juliana, her motto has always been to “Pay it Forward”, forward to the next generation of escrow officers.
Knowledge and experience is nothing if it is not used for the benefit of others and not passed on to the new generation of escrow officers.